The Center is positioned to research a range of issues pertaining to innovating instruction for students. Specifically, our assumptions about research include the need to work collaboratively with schools in pursuing big questions related to the role technology can play both in reimagining teaching and in deepening student understanding.
The Center is committed to a research agenda that:
- Informs the transformative use of technology in existing and emerging practices;
- Contributes to theoretical perspectives on professional learning for the digital age;
- Explores student learning environments that take advantage of digital tools;
- Identifies and shapes best practices for emergent technologies and their use in K-16 educational practice in core areas such as instruction, assessment, organization, and leadership;
- Influences policy and programs in the area of educational technology; and
- Develops rigorous, practical methodologies to measure the added value of technology on learning.